[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 on a Knoppix CD?

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Thu Jun 17 22:53:37 CEST 2004

Hi Kasper, folks!

On 2004-06-17, Kasper Skårhøj <kasper at typo3.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks.
>
> I just went to a tradefair in London where we came up with the idea to
> hand out TYPO3 on CDs to people (assuming you are having a stand
> promoting TYPO3). This is what the others can hardly do!

Awesome, but (sorry :) not a new idea. This has been discussed before,
and some people promised to look into doing this (I'm just happy *I*
didn't, so I don't need an excuse now!).

What is new about your post is that it is
 a) from you, so the whole idea has more backup now and
 b) you mentioned the importance of *what* is running from CD

I think we definitely need 'showcase content', maybe we could do a
brainstorming on this first. Olivier's idea of reusing the CeBit
content is not bad, though even there a lot of work would need to be
done to finish this up - we were a bit in a hurry before CeBit
started... ;)

Remastering a Knoppix to remove a whole bucketload of needless
software and putting TYPO3 in place shouldn't be too hard. But the
OpenGroupware.org CD was made from a company that got paid for this by
Skyrix, AFAIK. Btw, that company is situated in Braunschweig, 'next
door' to me, one might say. Isn't that funny? Timo Springmann is one
of them, he did their website with TYPO3, maybe they'd somehow sponsor
the creation of the CD if nobody else has the time to do it?

Anyway, great idea, all in all. I'm in when help is needed!

Karsten