[Typo3-dev] How can i get the japanese language extension?

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Thu Jun 17 21:08:57 CEST 2004

Well, the truth is this:

TYPO3 supports utf-8 and multibyte charsets, therefore japanese. We can
convert to/from shift-jis I believe.

TYPO3 has "Japanese" as backend language since someone wrote on the list
that they were willing to translate TYPO3 to japanese - but AFAIK
*nothing* has been translated anyways.

SO, if you want TYPO3 translated to japanese the whole framework is
ready for that and you can do it for me. Want to? Takes a day or so. You
could ask some friends/collegues to help you.

- kasper