[Typo3-dev] 3.6.2 to be released soon - IE testing

Robert Lemke rl at robertlemke.de
Wed Jun 16 12:03:36 CEST 2004

Hey folks,

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 17:06, Kevin Draper wrote:
> IMHO its a pretty serious issue if the prime Typo3 developers don't have
> access to Internet Explorer.  IE is a cantankerous beast that has all kinds
> of behavioural anomalies.  However, it is also the browser that 90% of our
> customers use.  Mozilla and Opera aren't going to overtake IE any time soon,
> so I think it is important that IE testing is taken seriously.  I always
> test my sites with Mozilla before releasing them even though IE is my prime
> browser.  I think the same needs to be done to Typo3 with IE.  My $.02.

relax, it's not that serious. It's not that we wouldn't have access to
Internet Explorer and test some things when we create something new.

But on the other hand: Are Windows users aware of the bugs on Linux
servers? Most people use Linux for hosting TYPO3, so this is really
important, too. And now a last question: Who likes to switch from one OS
to another several times while he is working on something? I don't.

I agree, that we have to care about IE and that it's our job as well to
look after bugs if we change something. But I agree with Michael, that
it's not our job to post IE related bugs. There are many people who can
do that for us ...

--
robert

"They placed me on this earth without a manual.
 And I dare to say, I’m doing just fine without ;)"