OT: IE testing (was: Re: [Typo3-dev] 3.6.2 to be released soon)

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Wed Jun 16 12:13:19 CEST 2004

Christian Trabold wrote:

> For TYPO3-Development it is important to *know* about the win- and
> ie-bugs. So it is up to the community to report them not on Kasper to
> find them!
>
> The Bug-Tracker is great. Use it!

Exactly. That's what I tried to say. It's not the job of Kasper & Co. to
check everything with 10 different browsers & versions. As long as one
follows the standards, it should work for all of them.

If this is not the case, a user (you!) has to report the "bug".

> But please correct me if I'm wrong: I think the main intension for
> Kasper was, to make content management on websites easy - even for users
> with technical dislikes. I can not believe, that he wants to force
> someone to use OpenSource, change his OS or Browser. And I am totally
> convinced, that TYPO3 opens many people's eyes for OpenSource (as it did
> for me).

I think you're right. In this case, it's just a nice side-effect :-)

Once you've seen Firefox, Webdeveloper etc. I'm quite sure you don't want to
switch back to IE again.

Cheers - michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html