[Typo3-dev] GraphicsMagick

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Sat Jun 12 20:33:47 CEST 2004

Dear Sven,

> Will integrate such a part as a separate deb (possible
> graphicksmagick-im-compat or so).
> For special Typo3 purposes your wrapper should be used for really faking
> an imagemagick installation en detail. For general distribution I will
> integrate something like ssh-argv0 (appended a little script).

Thanks, I looked at it. You missed on important part: If no arguments was
specified, you'll have to answer with a version information. I faked this
string cause TYPO3 looks for something like "ImageMagick.*".

BTW, my script identifies as ImageMagick 5.5.2 because I found some note
that the fork happened after this release. Is this still correct? Can you
please check this?

> Great. But in the end your statement is right if you say that there
> should be a layer for integrating alternative graphic commands.
> Something like abstract methods that gets the internal attributes and a
> class for each command you wish to integrate for image processing.

Yes. As I said, that's a huge job. If GM works fine this way, we could leave
it for the moment and get back to it on a rainy weekend... :-)

>> Can you please post this on typo3-debian as well?
> Will do.

Thanks.

Regards, michael
--