[Typo3-dev] GraphicsMagick

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Sat Jun 12 17:47:28 CEST 2004

Hi Michael,

> Wow! Great work! I recompiled them for my Sarge and it seems they work
> great!
Thanks, but some work has be done, like integrate bash_completion and
rest of packaging (next week ;)

> I just came up with the idea to write another wrapper which makes it
> possible to use TYPO3 with GraphicsMagick.
>
> You can find it here:
> http://www.mstucki.net/files/typo3/gm_wrapper/
>
> Usage is simple:
> - Install GraphicsMagick
> - Create a new directory and put the wrapper into it
> - Create symlinks for "identify", "convert" and "composite", all pointing to
>   the wrapper script
> - If needed, change the path to GraphicsMagick inside the wrapper script
Will integrate such a part as a separate deb (possible
graphicksmagick-im-compat or so).
For special Typo3 purposes your wrapper should be used for really faking
an imagemagick installation en detail. For general distribution I will
integrate something like ssh-argv0 (appended a little script).

> A first test (Install Tool + Testsite) was successful, so this could be a
> really easy way to extend TYPO3 with support for another graphics
> manipulation program.
Great. But in the end your statement is right if you say that there
should be a layer for integrating alternative graphic commands.
Something like abstract methods that gets the internal attributes and a
class for each command you wish to integrate for image processing.
I could imagine that layers will be integrated in many parts or
components of Typo3. For the calender the same questions I have
discussed with Volker.

> Can you please post this on typo3-debian as well?
Will do.

> Should we continue the discussion of the gm_wrapper thing here?
If anyone is interesting in it, why not, its developing, if not then not.

Greetings Sven