[Typo3-dev] GraphicsMagick

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Fri Jun 11 18:48:17 CEST 2004

Hi Sven,

> I have debianized GraphicsMagick 1.1.2
>
> The packages are currently available from a repository on my side.

Wow! Great work! I recompiled them for my Sarge and it seems they work
great!

I just came up with the idea to write another wrapper which makes it
possible to use TYPO3 with GraphicsMagick.

You can find it here:
http://www.mstucki.net/files/typo3/gm_wrapper/

Usage is simple:
- Install GraphicsMagick
- Create a new directory and put the wrapper into it
- Create symlinks for "identify", "convert" and "composite", all pointing to
  the wrapper script
- If needed, change the path to GraphicsMagick inside the wrapper script

A first test (Install Tool + Testsite) was successful, so this could be a
really easy way to extend TYPO3 with support for another graphics
manipulation program.

> These packages were compiled on Debian Sid and are on alpha stage.
> Have to do the perl and doc part and other minor things, but they work.

Can you please post this on typo3-debian as well?

Should we continue the discussion of the gm_wrapper thing here?

Best regards
- michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html