[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 conference (was; Just another braindump ;))

Jan Wischnat jan at wischnat.de
Sun Jun 6 17:26:23 CEST 2004

Hello Robert, hello list,

> Generally a good idea and I bet it will come some day. But as you said,
> there have to be some prerequisites being met, like a TYPO3 foundation
> or a club / association as you said. There are some discussions running
> about that topic and maybe we should wait with the TYPO3conference until
> group of people has formed to stand behind that.

I stand behind that :-)

> But anyways, of course it would be interesting to know if people are
> interested in such a conference. It hopefully won't be that expensive
> like the PHPconference (600+ EUR) ...

In my reply to Sven i asked if it could be a good idea to have our
TYPO3-day(s) simultaneously with CEBIT.
It doesn't have to be *on* the CEBIT Area but i think Hannover in march
would sound good ;-)

Also maybe we should start to define roles in our community:

- users
- contributing users
- developers (automatically contributing ;-)
- agencies
- developing agencies
- contributing agencies

So on a TYPO3 day an agency should pay - say - ? 1.000 to be present(ed)?
A developing/contributing agency could get a big reduction?
A developer should not pay at all?
Users (potential sponsors) should only pay little or nothing?

I know this is also getting close to the subject "rating of users". What are
the "official" plans on this subject, anyone?

Thanks

Jan