[Typo3-dev] Ideas on a updated tt_news extension?

Stig N. Jepsen stig at 8620.dk
Sat Jun 5 15:42:26 CEST 2004

Hi Daniel,

> I have several ideas and questions on the news extension(tt_news).
> As I think it is an Extension from earlier Typo3 Version, and there are
> much Extensions (ux_*) for this one..
> I would like to build a completly (partly) new news-extension and want
> to be sure that noone currently develop on this. And of course I like to
> hear other ideas. Thank you.

Just about the current tt_news

> My ideas for new tt_news:
>
> -> large configuration of the Plugin with FlexForms (so diffrent
> configurations for the Plugin withhin one sites are possible)

I'm already doing this.
This will probably be published the coming week.

> Integrate functions from other Extensions:
> -> XML export and import
> -> hang on diffrent Medias like Images, Videos, Pdf and so on

These I don't know about. Sounds good.

> -> RTE

Aren't the RTE you are thinking about in the newest tt_news?

> -> News could be in multiply categories

Should be in the newest if I understand you correctly.

> -> themes with templates and icons

Please clarify this a little more.

> -> Searchform

Also in current tt_news?

> Extras:
> -> combined with fe_user the possiblility for mark news as read/unread;

Not currently planned.

>   confirmed/notconfirmed; news rating; comment news

I will try to incooperate comments, and maybe news ratings.
More on this later.

> -> sending news to friends

Would be nice

> -> defining printversion

good point

> -> next| previous buttons in single view

good idea

> -> use of the DB-class to be open for other DB than mysql

all good ideas :-)

/Stig