[Typo3-dev] Ideas on a updated tt_news extension?

Martin T. Kutschker Martin-no5pam-Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Sat Jun 5 23:40:34 CEST 2004

Stig N. Jepsen wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>

>>  confirmed/notconfirmed; news rating; comment news
>

> I will try to incooperate comments, and maybe news ratings.
> More on this later.

It'd be great if comments and ratings were not integrated into tt_news,
but in some API-providing extension. Comments and ratings could be used
with many types of extensions (galleries, blogs, ...).

Though for comments I'd like to see some further API deeper down - or a
new feature of the Core: phpBB-like RTE with pseudo-html and smilies and
all the fun. I mean both comment system and a hypothetical
forum/guestbook system would benefit from such an API.

It's great to see lot's of "will be released soon" messages on the list,
but I'm a bit worried that we're getting again many extensions re-writtn
with slightly different features, but get no stable enhanced FE-API. I
really would like too one in 3.7!

Masi