[Typo3-dev] Ideas on a updated tt_news extension?

Daniel Pötzinger operation-lan at gmx.de
Sat Jun 5 12:44:37 CEST 2004

Hello

I have several ideas and questions on the news extension(tt_news).
As I think it is an Extension from earlier Typo3 Version, and there are
much Extensions (ux_*) for this one..
I would like to build a completly (partly) new news-extension and want
to be sure that noone currently develop on this. And of course I like to
hear other ideas. Thank you.
My ideas for new tt_news:

-> large configuration of the Plugin with FlexForms (so diffrent
configurations for the Plugin withhin one sites are possible)

Integrate functions from other Extensions:
-> XML export and import
-> hang on diffrent Medias like Images, Videos, Pdf and so on
-> RTE
-> News could be in multiply categories
-> themes with templates and icons
-> Searchform

Extras:
-> combined with fe_user the possiblility for mark news as read/unread;
  confirmed/notconfirmed; news rating; comment news
-> sending news to friends
-> defining printversion
-> next| previous buttons in single view
-> use of the DB-class to be open for other DB than mysql