[Typo3-dev] Strictformmail bug?

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Thu Jun 3 20:44:45 CEST 2004

> Second: in order to get the formmail working I had to set the
> strictformmail to 0.  I could e-mail from the test at test.test but not
> the mail form if I left it at 1.  Doesn't this leave the installation
> open for spam relays?

If you disable the strictformmail feature then, yes, you can send mails
from "test at test.test" as a clear-text email wihtin the form. But the
whole point is that strictformmail should make sure that fields in the
form named "recipient" and "recipient_copy" will automatically be
encoded. If that does not happend for you there must be some reason for
it. Dive into the function FORM() inside tslib/class.tslib_content.php
to find out why the email addresses are not encoded as they should.

- kasper