[Typo3-dev] More comfort for developers?

Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] daniel at typo3.com
Thu Jun 3 20:23:08 CEST 2004

> I currently pay a lot of time discovering the opengroupware system and
> one really fine feature of ogo is that it has a xmlrpc-api so that eg. I
> can simple interact with the system programming small scripts or huge
> programs.
>
> Providing such an api could make it possible to work with external
> Software managing the instance (eg. work with a module inside eclipe,
> integrate feature to other system, i don't know...)
>
> On that way the load shouldn't be increase to much.
> I don't want to fire against the backend, but such an api could provide
> a good base for more automation/intersystem-communication.

This is pretty much in line with the current idea of what the workflow
system will be based on. On one side this will be such an API (not xml-rpc
but rather based on Web Services) and either working with easily accessible
frontends for creating workflows that are extensions OR communicating with
external systems, like Enhydra Shark, or any other workflow engine
conforming to the WfMC too API.

The project description is in dire need of an update, but René and i don't
find the time yet. Dan Frost is now making a new start, so we'll hopefully
soon have a new step to show.

Regarding Ogo, despite the fact that i am not totally impressed with it, i
think it would be worth supporting it e.g. from the projectmanager extension
or from a revamped user>task module.

Speaking of which, we still lack help with documenting the projectmanager
extension, which would need time and attention from fairly experienced TYPO3
developers understanding the mechanism within and equally capable to
technical writing. People with time on their hands, please contact Daniel
Thomas (dt at dpool.net) if you want to volunteer and have time in the next few
weeks.

Cheers

Daniel

--

Daniel Hinderink
TYPO3 - get.content.right

--
When ideas fail words come in very handy - anonymous