[Typo3-dev] Extension Repository on typo3.org / suggestion

Rene Suthoelder t3 at 1zu6-design.de
Tue Jun 1 22:39:00 CEST 2004

hi folks!

4 weeks ago, i presented kasper an idea on how to get money for the
typo3.org-mentioned "official" projects (like DAM, workflow etc.). the whole
idea was about to donate money to different projects you as an individual
user would like to sponsor.
sponsorship in general is a big word (for example, you as an company sponsor
the development of a whole project like DAM).  i could never sponsor a
project in whole but...

from my experience, individuals are willing to push the development as much
as they can, so the general idea of giving money to someone who is able,
capable and willing to spend his time and skills on development that goes
far beyond a "simple" extension - and is not driven by (paid) customer
needs - is quiet acceptable.

for instance: i'm not capable of writing the DAM or workflow extension BUT i
would like to use them on customer sites. so, personally, i would like to
give a sum of money to the one who actually does the development. multiply
these small sums and you get a reasonable amount of money which could be
"inspiring" to the developer.

is this still in the scope of open source? decide yourself, but things can
be pushed as soon as money is involved...

just my 2 cents...

greets,

rene

news:mailman.1.1086115895.19489.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...