[Typo3-dev] Extension Repository on typo3.org / suggestion

Patrick Gaumond patrick.gaumond at fsa.ulaval.ca
Tue Jun 1 20:51:33 CEST 2004

"Hans J. Martin" <hans-jakob.martin at gmx.net> :
> I  suggest to make an new options for downloadable extensions: "Not yet
> released, sponsorhip needed". The extension itself should not be
> downloadable for eveyone, but the manual should be available to see what
it
> exactly does.
> In this way people could see what is currently being available and can get
> in touch with the right people. (If I got that right, sponsoring doesn't
> always mean money, but also a helping hand? Otherways we are just about to
> make a shopping mall for extensions..)

The suggestion seems good. On the other hand, you can usually contact the
owner/developer if it's an already available alpha/beta extension and offer
help (via money or brain stuff).

The suggestion open new way to work which is alsway good.

Are you going to sponsor Kasper for this addition to TER ?

- just kidding ! -

A faster (maybe?) implementation of this idea would be to setup kinda
Wiki/blog/forum page where every typo3.org BE users would offer/ask for such
help and sponsoring and provide a better visibility than this mailinglist.

Patrick