[Typo3-dev] Extension Repository on typo3.org / suggestion

Hans J. Martin hans-jakob.martin at gmx.net
Tue Jun 1 16:11:10 CEST 2004

> > So I will just come back to my suggestion: Would a 'need
help/sponsorship'
> > state be useful?
>
> I'm just curious:  Why can't one just publish the extension and call for
> sponsorship, if you are going to publish the extension later anyways?
> What's the problem people can download them in alpha-state already now?

I would love to see people doing it this way - but in real world some of the
programers try to live from what they are doing. I presume that there are a
lot of extension developed which are not public because programers waiting
for another company to join sponsorship (see also statistics
http://typo3.org/frontpage-menu-links/statistics/) . So if we could see
these extensions (which might be a lot more than the 'projects') it might be
easier to get in touch with these people to offer them our kind of support.
(e.g. think about completing an extension which one needs for a projects. If
you can do it the developer would save time and the extension can be
released earlier).
It's just a guess - maybe some of you professional programers can say if we
can help faster release of extensions this way?

Rgds,
Hans