[Typo3-dev] Extension Repository on typo3.org / suggestion

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Tue Jun 1 15:50:55 CEST 2004

Alexander Langer wrote:
> Also sprach Hans J. Martin (hans-jakob.martin at gmx.net):
>

>>So I will just come back to my suggestion: Would a 'need help/sponsorship'
>>state be useful?
>

> I'm just curious:  Why can't one just publish the extension and call for
> sponsorship, if you are going to publish the extension later anyways?
> What's the problem people can download them in alpha-state already now?
>
> Imagine the case I'm trying out your alpha-extension, and find it
> useful.  I'm going to add the missing features, so you have your
> "sponsorship" that you need.

Who is going to test it, write the docs etc.

I fear only too many peaple will just use the alpha code, complain that
certain features don't work but will neither do something of the above
nor will they donate money.

I've asked a few users who asked me to add features for donations.
Everbody claimed to have no money. I have given up on this but still
think for larger extensions asking for donations up front may be a way.
Of course specs/docs must be ready before production. I'm with you that
I don't want to spend money on somthing I don't know what it is or what
it will be.

Masi