[Typo3-dev] the horror of different usertables

Mathias Schreiber [K1net] ms at k1net.de
Tue Jun 1 11:04:56 CEST 2004

Elmar Hinz wrote:
> Where to display them, in sysfolders like FE-Users or listet "in the
> INSTALL" like BE-Users doesn't seem very important for me. I only
> observe that double programming has been done to achieve this
> different types of display, different types of input forms etc.
>
> If you have a big site, different groups of BE users may be
> responsible for the content of different pagetrees, just grouped as
> you describe it for the frontend.

ok, requires a different way of thinking then.
But what about my argument on checking BE users in FE Logins too?
Isn't this just what you need?

Maybe you could construct a more catchy example because in 3 years of typo3
development I never came to the point you seem to need.

If you need every FE user to edit content, this sounds very much like a
community portal to me.
If you need to be able to log BE users in on the website too, this makes
sense because it is quite annoying to add all BE users to the FE users table
as well - though this never have been more than maybe 20 - 30 users.