[Typo3-dev] default-value depending on BE-user in new page

Jacob Lindhardsen web at jacoblindhardsen.dk
Fri Jul 30 22:20:11 CEST 2004

Hi Irene.

Basically I would like to have the author, his name & email, a photo, data
from the story/content element like time & date posted and title, email and
his photo be inserted automatically, just like the e-mail is already filled
out when he is creating a new page.
That really is all. And only with a standard content element like text, and
text with image.

Could also be a user element that they could insert via the text editor -
the solution is not very strict - many approaches could be used.

But I would need to extend the BE-user profile with a photo-field (or avatar
if u prefer - a small image of the author anyhow) and include it default
when the user is logged in. Any advice on this is greatly appreciated.

A drop-down-selector would be very cool, but not nessecaru - most important
is that thew authors dont have to write the same standard content when
posting an article.

Sorry for not being specific in my first post - really....

Thanks for anything,

Jacob from Denmark

news:mailman.1.1091216553.17650.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...