[Typo3-dev] thougts of TYPO3 imagefunction and short MD5 Hash

Daniel Pötzinger operation-lan at gmx.de
Thu Jul 22 21:57:04 CEST 2004

Thanks - The arguments convinced me :-)

An article I readed for a while came to the result that it is more
"modern" to use blob fields, and I thought searching for the image in
the database will be much faster than in the filesystem (because db use
things as B-trees and filesystems normaly only some kind of tables..)
-
But calling a php-file (which is also in Filesystem, must be interpreted
and opens a db-connection) seems to take the webserver more time than
only read the image from filesystem.