[Typo3-dev] ['ctrl']['label'] generated by a function?

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Sat Jul 3 01:12:25 CEST 2004

The problem will be that you cannot expect all applications to use any
API we might provide to access the "title" of a record. When an
application wants to show the title of a record they look for the label
field and just takes the raw value of that field without asking
questions.
But of course we can do an implementation in such as "web>list" module
and other core modules that are "under control"...

- kasper

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 13:53, Thomas Murphy wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> my problem: The label field in my extension should be a date-string.
> It's only shown by it's equivalent mysql or unix-timestamp...
> I would like to parse it through some kind of date() function, to show
> it in readable form.
>
> Is this possible? I've been searching in Typo3 Core API (this stuff is
> great!) but have not found a solution yet.
>
> bye,
> Thomas

TYPO3 - everything artcoded