[Typo3-dev] ['ctrl']['label'] generated by a function?

Thomas Murphy murphy at thepanemgroup.com
Sat Jul 3 20:04:28 CEST 2004

Hello,

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

>The problem will be that you cannot expect all applications to use any
>API we might provide to access the "title" of a record. When an
>application wants to show the title of a record they look for the label
>field and just takes the raw value of that field without asking
>questions.

I feared so.

>But of course we can do an implementation in such as "web>list" module
>and other core modules that are "under control"...

Don't know exactly what you mean, but maybe a small workaround for this,
some kind of optional
callback-function that renders the label-field could be a  fast fix for
this.
But something like the "eval"-option for rendering labels would be a lot
more cool, something like
["render" => "lower"] or  ["render" => "date"]

...and maybe a wrap? =)
"wrap" => "[title]::[date]<br />[subtitle]"
(that would be cool...)

but thanks anyway, I will  figure something out.

bye,
Thomas