[Typo3-dev] thougts of TYPO3 imagefunction and short MD5 Hash

Andreas Otto andreas at php4win.de
Wed Jul 21 13:33:19 CEST 2004

Hi Leendert,

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 11:40, Leendert Brouwer [Netcreators] wrote:
> So, to me the mentioned article from Zend
> does not hold much value. The disadvantages of storing in the DB are much
> too large imho.

Based on the test results, it seems that keeping files in a database cuts
performance by approximately a third. It's hard to accept this penalty in
light of any meager advantages offered by keeping the files in the databases
instead of in a directory.
[Leon Atkinson, [1]]

So yours and Leon's opinions don't differ that much, I guess.

[1]: http://www.zend.com/zend/trick/tricks-sept-2001.php#_Conclusions

Cheers,
Andreas

--