[Typo3-dev] Typo3 Timezone settings.

Stig N. Jepsen stig at 8620.dk
Thu Jul 22 15:52:13 CEST 2004

> No, it has never been discussed. TYPO# has always been running on the
> "local time" understood as the value returned from eg. "time()".

> So, what is needed to take timezones into account? How would it work?
> How would it affect the value from "time()"? Will that value be GMT,
CET
> or just the hardware clock? Can the system (consistently between
> windows/linux) report timezone and whether the time() value is GMT or
> otherwise?
>
> I fear that messing with time zones with impose lots of new buggy
> complexity in some areas.

You may be right?
I don't know if using the putenv() function for changing the timezone,
will ruin anything?

> Can't it be handled on "application level" - meaning inside the
calendar
> extension itself?

This should of course be possible to do. But it just made more sense to
me, to do it as generel setting for the typo3 installation.

The BE editing is another story in my mind.
This will be harder to fix on a "application level" because you would
have to do the changes in javascript.. something I don't know much
about.

/Stig