[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 complexity in general

Johannes Reichardt mailbox at gramba.net
Sun Jul 18 20:39:17 CEST 2004

Hi Ingmar,

> Of course Kasper has great capabilities of managing complexity, but as
> far as new web trends are concerned Kasper is rather conservative (in
> a good sense) and only uses techniques that provide actual value.
> For example see the database abstraction debate.
> Many considered it just "cool" and "must have", but Kasper has
> questined the real advantage of it, and was critical about whether
> that'd complicate things more than necessary.

Everything Kasper created has value - and thats the funny thing about
it, to my opionion its some kind of "value inflation" (like with money),
so that all these concepts and ways tend to confuse, of even worse, tend
to give me a feeling like "i´m missing something but i don´t know what".
on the other hand Murphy may be right as he stated that some big things
are still unfinished and might be able to replace some older concepts
completly - i don´t have enough knowledge on these things.

- Johannes