[Typo3-dev] First impressions on 3.6.2

Kari Salovaara kari.salovaara at pp1.inet.fi
Tue Jul 13 16:14:57 CEST 2004

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Hi Kari,
>
> thanks for your feedback.
>
> However most of your listed bugs don't seem to be new. Did you ever submit
> them to the bugtracker [1] yet?

No. 1,2 are "options". Template problem I'm testing once again in
evening/tomorrow and then submitting bug if it's not working or if some
eager (and younger) does it before me. ;-)

I also want to clarify that I'm using Linux and there is some 4-5
working older Typo3 versions (3.3 - 3.6.1) in this 'machina'.

>>Dummy:
>>1. typo3/ext non-writeable
>

> That's the default, yes.
> typo3_src is read-only for all except the owner.
>
> This is not a problem, it should just not be listed as an error but as a
> warning only. Can you please put this up on the bugtracker?

Yes I agree, it's not a bug. It's only something I have to remember
always when installing for some testing or development work.
(However there is problems when updating news extension.)

>>2. install - Basic Configuration reports that
>>"Your system is configured to enforce a memory limit of PHP scripts
>>lower than 16 MB."
>>Which is not true thus I have set it to 32 MB
>

> This might have changed since 3.6.1, right?
> What does your phpinfo say?

Can't remember how it was in 3.6.1 (not going to install again) but
there is funny things in Install phpinfo there is nothing, in other
words it's empty:
OTHER: memory_limit :

but in php.ini it is:
memory_limit = 32M
which has been correct.

I just realized that I'm still using PHP 4.1.1 in this machine so ... ?
I looked bug 95 , maybe same that's described. I didn't have time to
check. (4.1.1 doesn't report memory_limit in normal phpinfo() ).

I don't worry this because install works and there has not been any
misbehaviour yet in 3.6.2.

> Have a look at [2], this is what I think might be the problem.
>

>>TestSite:
>>Template record under Intro some peculiar way corrupted, but after some
>>modifications started to work. This should be corrected.
>
> Can you please give me some more information about that? What is the
> problem? Did you encounter the same with 3.6.1?

So the Intro template had Setup contents in Constant field and Resources
in Setup field !!! Those image resources didn't exist in installation at
all. I'm sorry that I already deleted that Testsite installation, but
I'll test it again (look above).

In 3.6.1 I had problems when exporting from 3.5.0-3 and then importing
into 3.6.1 so that template records vanished !!! But I didn't test
Testsite in 3.6.1 so can't say anything sure. I've some 20 sites to
upgrade (and split) from 3.5.x so that's why I've been waiting 3.6.2.

> Regards, michael
>
> [1] http://bugs.typo3.org/
> [2] http://bugs.typo3.org/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000095
This site belongs into my evening readings if I can't get sleep by other
means. ;-)

Best regards,
Kari

--