[Typo3-dev] First impressions on 3.6.2

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Wed Jul 14 17:38:37 CEST 2004

Hi Kari,

thanks for your feedback!

>>> 2. install - Basic Configuration reports that
>>> "Your system is configured to enforce a memory limit of PHP scripts
>>> lower than 16 MB."
>>> Which is not true thus I have set it to 32 MB
>>
>> This might have changed since 3.6.1, right?
>> What does your phpinfo say?
>
> Can't remember how it was in 3.6.1 (not going to install again) but
> there is funny things in Install phpinfo there is nothing, in other
> words it's empty:
> OTHER: memory_limit :
>
> but in php.ini it is:
> memory_limit = 32M
> which has been correct.

Could you please do the following test:
  - Change the memory_limit in the php.ini to 1m.
  - Try to open the extension manager in the Typo3 backend

If the extension manager appears, it's obvious that PHP on your system
in fact works without any memory limit, regardless of the setting in the
php.ini, which would mean the information that the function ini_get()
returns (NULL) is correct, but should be handled as "no limit" by the
install tool.

If the extension manager or any other PHP script exits with a warning
that the memory limit of 1m is exeeded, we can be sure it's a PHP bug in
the function ini_get() and we might thing about using get_cfg_var() in
case ini_get() returns NULL.

cheers,
Ingmar