[Typo3-dev] Favorite PHP editor/IDE?

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Mon Jul 12 11:10:39 CEST 2004

Hi,

On 2004-07-12, Sacha Vorbeck <nospam at look_for_my_email_at_end_of_message.body> wrote:
>> I also think Zend is a great editor, but what about the speed of the
>> IDE?
>
> sorry, I only saw Peters demonstration on his notebook running Debian
> Linux. The app speed seemed to be good but I don`t know what hardware he
> was using.

I'm not Peter, but as I tried it again after he told me it was great,
and am now a user of the product, I may comment, I hope :)

I'm running Zend on Debian as well, using a laptop with 512 MB RAM and
a 1.5 GHz Pentium-M. The speed is ok, if it was faster, I'd probably
only notice sometimes. Searches over a big project sometimes are
faster when using grep, but...

All in all the pros far outweigh the cons, IMHO. The only thing that
bothers me is the fact, that the class browser is always reset when
switching between files in the editor. Always having to unfold it
again is a bit cumbersome.

Karsten