[Typo3-dev] Favorite PHP editor/IDE?

Thomas Murphy murphy at thepanemgroup.com
Mon Jul 12 11:09:38 CEST 2004

Sacha Vorbeck wrote:
> the ability to see all the values of variables at any step of the
> script, to follow the process of a page rendering step by step through
> all files/classes that are involved. Setting break points etc.. This was
> a whole new experience for me as I used to work with echo/debug output
> to find errors. That was like looking for the needle in a haystack
> sometimes.

Hmm o.k. - I've not yet tried these Server-Side debugging features.
Sounds powerful indeed.

>> I also think Zend is a great editor, but what about the speed of the IDE?
>
> sorry, I only saw Peters demonstration on his notebook running Debian
> Linux. The app speed seemed to be good but I don`t know what hardware he
> was using.
>
> Peter, can you comment this?

I just reinstalled the 3.5 Evaluation and right now, the speed seemed to
be o.k. - but I'm sure I got problems with that, when I tried Zend the
first time. (And I used it about a month)

Anyway... great IDE after all, maybe I'll give it another try. I've been
a subscribed beta-tester so I get my 20% off =O ...

bye,
Murphy