[Typo3-dev] Favorite PHP editor/IDE?

Sacha Vorbeck nospam at look_for_my_email_at_end_of_message.body
Mon Jul 12 10:50:02 CEST 2004

Hi,

> How? Do you just mean the editor-features like syntax-checking, etc. or
> something else?

the ability to see all the values of variables at any step of the
script, to follow the process of a page rendering step by step through
all files/classes that are involved. Setting break points etc.. This was
a whole new experience for me as I used to work with echo/debug output
to find errors. That was like looking for the needle in a haystack
sometimes.

> I also think Zend is a great editor, but what about the speed of the
> IDE?

sorry, I only saw Peters demonstration on his notebook running Debian
Linux. The app speed seemed to be good but I don`t know what hardware he
was using.

Peter, can you comment this?

--
Ciao,