[Typo3-dev] Favorite PHP editor/IDE?

Thomas Murphy murphy at thepanemgroup.com
Mon Jul 12 09:19:12 CEST 2004

Hello,

Sacha Vorbeck wrote:
> Last month Peter Niederlag showed me the power of Zend Studio and I was
> really impressed of the all the great features. I`ll surely use this one
> in the future as it makes developing TYPO3 extensions much easier and
> faster.

How? Do you just mean the editor-features like syntax-checking, etc. or
something else?

> Although I have to say that I don`t know much about the built in
> editor.
>
> So yes I think you well be more productive with Zend Studio.

I also think Zend is a great editor, but what about the speed of the
IDE? I got a somewhat modern workstation, but I experienced a lot of
performance-troubles.
After using a lot of fast editors it really bothers me, to not even be
able to scroll smoothly through the code. After all, it's just a java
application and the new beta didn't seem to be much faster than the
earlier versions... :(
That's a really big con IMO.
The features are great of course...

bye,