[Typo3-dev] Feature request: Integrated update function in Typo3

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Tue Jul 6 21:56:35 CEST 2004

Hi,

Joachim Scholtysik schrieb am  6.07.2004 um 11:04 Uhr CEST

> Hi all,
>
> wouldn't it be nice to have a possibility to check if there is an
> update for TYPO3 and to have a mechanism or a button in the left frame
> of TYPO3 to let the system download this new version und automatically
> install it ?
>
> The installed extensions have to be checked as well, e.g. eventually
> dependencies between the new version to download and to install and
> already installed extensions so that the installation does not get
> broken.
>
> Could that be realized in an extension?
>
> Webedition 3 which I use in my company, has such a bombastic update
> function. You have a menu entry "Update", then you can select whether
> you want to make a backup before or not and then Webedition downloads
> all new files and installs them. At the end Webedition gets started
> again by itself. Simple, simple, simple...
>
> Is that possible this way as well in TYPO3?

I am sure there is a way to do this with a BE-Extension or script.
I doubt however that someone is working on this.

There is already a very simple solution available however, it's just two
words 'cvs update'. DB-Changes still have to be adopted manually in the
install-tool.

Cheers,
PeterN
--