[Typo3-dev] Feature request: Integrated update function in Typo3

Joachim Scholtysik joachim at scholtysik.net
Tue Jul 6 11:04:10 CEST 2004

Hi all,

wouldn't it be nice to have a possibility to check if there is an update for
TYPO3 and to have a mechanism or a button in the left frame of TYPO3 to let
the system download this new version und automatically install it ?

The installed extensions have to be checked as well, e.g. eventually
dependencies between the new version to download and to install and already
installed extensions so that the installation does not get broken.

Could that be realized in an extension?

Webedition 3 which I use in my company, has such a bombastic update
function. You have a menu entry "Update", then you can select whether you
want to make a backup before or not and then Webedition downloads all new
files and installs them. At the end Webedition gets started again by itself.
Simple, simple, simple...

Is that possible this way as well in TYPO3?

Joachim