[Typo3-dev] Development status TemplaVoila

Robert Lemke rl at robertlemke.de
Mon Jul 5 14:53:36 CEST 2004

Hi Martin,

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 20:26, Martin T. Kutschker wrote:
> > I roughly estimate that we will release some "final" together with TYPO3
> > 3.8.0, which possibly will be in fall this year.
>
> If we'll see 3.8 in fall, when will we see 3.7. September is only two
> month away and can be regardes as fall.

You're right, this all is based on more optimistic assumptions we had
for the release cycle. Maybe late-fall still is realistic.

> BTW, I remember a very short development cycle. AFAIR the first release
> should have been already. I'm not unhappy it has been delayed because it
> seemed to me a bit unrealitic. So, will the world see one or two beta
> and candidate releases for 3.7? Is this still planned?

I only can say it from my point of view, of course. I think it's
essential to have beta / RCs, but maybe only for 2 or 3 weeks. I kind of
expected what is happening now, that we don't release as fast as we
planned it.

But I'm not unhappy with it either, and I still think that it is a
realistic model for the future. We simply have to get things settled,
like communication, coordinating development, testing, packaging etc.

So for me, the goal still is, to release in 2-3 monthly cycles. But it
will take some time until we reach that frequency.

--
robert

"They placed me on this earth without a manual.
 And I dare to say, I’m doing just fine without ;)"