[Typo3-dev] New search engine upcoming

Jörg Roth info at zeusmedia.de
Mon Jan 19 22:32:57 CET 2004

Hi.

you can take a look at the SEMANTIKbrowser right here:

http://typo3.mediaforen.de/fileadmin/sb2003/matrix_plus.html

Sorry for the english readers - preview is german... :)

It's not functional - just to show what you will get. Of course it will
be fully customizable by css and the constant editor. It will be based
on a HTML-template so you are able to modify it to your requirements.

The two programmers showed today a first working version based on the
indexed search engine. It's great but because of the dependence to the
indexed engine we didn't like it.

The layout has to be changed a bit to fit within framesets. So the
search field and the history will move right above the matrix.

We've also discussed how to implement a scanner. A PHP version won't do
it. It would probably cause server and execution timeouts. So we are
going to mess a bit with the Java source of the scanner. Maybe it will
fit as an applet into the backend.

This is going to be hard work and we've split up in teams. Due to the
high daily operative business a first alpha release is planned on may 25th.

I'll keep you informed!

Regards,

Jörg