[Typo3-dev] New search engine upcoming

Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] daniel at typo3.com
Sun Jan 18 16:04:55 CET 2004

Hi Jörg,

That sound very interesting, thanks for the information.

I have one major inquiry:

>The proper
> indexing will be done after everything is scanned. Using a huge
> stop-word-list (currently there's a german and a english version) the
> data will be edited based on it's semantics and the ontology. After this
> process the index-tables are filled. The required relational (m2m)
> tables are also created automatically.

Does it work like this:

Step 1: scanning
Step 2: using the stop word list, a person is creating the ontology.
Step 3: the system is presenting "semantic matrices" based on the order of
classes and slots defined in the ontology

Essentially I would like to know how the ontology is defined. Or is your
software trying to automatically recognize associations and similarities?

If it is based on human ontology definitions (which I think is preferrable),
can these be exported and imported? What notation is used? Is it standards
compatible? Can the database be operated directly from an ontology editor,
like Protegé?

If you have some white paper on the semantic heart of the matter, I'd be
very interested in reading it.

Thank you,

Daniel

--