[Typo3-dev] New search engine upcoming

Jörg Roth info at zeusmedia.de
Sun Jan 18 14:12:40 CET 2004

Hi Sebastian,

> Hello,
> sounds really great.
> Did I understand you correctly: The PHP part will be free and there will
> be a PHP indexing algorithm. But you also can buy the Java indexer for
> larger documents and/or different filetypes?
> You really seem to put a lot of work into it :-)

that's right. The whole public extension will be totally free for
everyone. Regardless of a free (limited or whatever we decide) scanner
tool. Of course there would be also a win32 and a *nix version of it.
Applet is also possible.

As I said: SB is currently a european research projekt. The results of
releasing it as a free version for TYPO3 will be a great benefit for us
- and the community.

It's totally OOP so it will fit seamless into TYPO3. We didn't
experience any problems to this point but I think there are some hurdles
to take.

Thanks for your feedback,

Jörg