[Typo3-dev] New search engine upcoming

Marian Steinbach marian at kisd.de
Thu Jan 22 15:29:10 CET 2004

Hi Jörg,

what you are telling sounds really good. I am curious to see a working
demo of the matrix frontend.

Jörg Roth wrote:

> We've also discussed how to implement a scanner. A PHP version won't do
> it. It would probably cause server and execution timeouts. So we are
> going to mess a bit with the Java source of the scanner. Maybe it will
> fit as an applet into the backend.

I think the way you described it in your first announcement makes
perfect sense: Allow for the scanning process to be a cronjob. Java
seems to be a good choice, as there should be Runtime Environments for
all important platforms.

Configuration of the scanner, however, could be handled through a
backend (admin-only) module, I guess.

Cheers,

Marian