[Typo3-dev] extending extensions

Boris Nicolai bnscs at gmx.de
Tue Jan 13 12:15:47 CET 2004

morning,
I run into serious trouble as I want to develop another ext which extends
the tslib_fe.
the problem is as already sometimes discussed, what if I want to install two
ext that extend tslib_fe (or whichever class)?
so I thought a bit and maybe I got a solution without the time to develop it
:(
A basic-class could look if there are classes that extend this class. if so,
the basic-class creates an instance of this XCLASS, and if a function of the
basic-class is called then the basic-class checks if this function doesn't
exist in one of its extension-classes. if so it would be called instead of
its own function. could somehow work but I´m so far not so deep inside typo.
now, what's if two, three, four ... XCLASSES have the same function? then it
must be possible to specify in the Extension, which priority this extension
has in comparison with other XCLASSES.
and if no priority is specified by the author? then the latest XCLASS
overrides the function of the older XCLASSES.
don't know? could this be a way? or do the new services exactly deliver this
functionality? so far I could not work out WHEN services or under which
circumstances they should be used.

26 degree hot greetings from andalucia :)
boris

Boris Nicolai
IT Director
Coastal Realty SL