[Typo3-dev] Removal tool for typo3 copyright comment (extensionSourceOptimization)

Boris Nicolai bnscs at gmx.de
Tue Jan 13 08:10:21 CET 2004

Hi Typo-Developers and authors, good morning Kasper, hi Peter
1) thnaks Kasper, that it is OK
2.1) the original idea was to remove comments, spaces and whatever to make
the source-code slimer/ thiner
2.2) the first idea was indeed to remove the comment, because I'm a little
bit afraid that searchengines could find somewhen the keyword "typo" in the
source and SimulatetStaticPages and kick the page out of their index -
sounds surrealistic? Not really - I have a site which has been excluded just
because I use the 404-page-not-found-method to rewrite URLs! and google &
co. doesn't like rewriting.
2.3) at the board on typo3.net was several times mentioned, that clients
don't want to see any comment -> a reason more to give the possibility to
disable it in an "easy" way
3) I built in the option to keep the copyright which is by default ENabled
4) I didn't remove any of the "necessary" copyright as mentioned by Kapser
5) I already wanted to propose that, if somebody disables the comment, that
he should mention Kasper and Typo in the "impressum" (think its called
"flag" in English) a point I wanted already ask Kasper about but I didn't
want to bother him
6) In MY opionion its up to everybody himself, if he wants to disable the
comment, but as long as Kapser doesn't get a grip I don't see any reason to
remove it also because I got a few mails ehere the people where really happy
with this my first extension.

I think I wrote enough :)
I wish everybody a nice day!!! :)

boris