[Typo3-dev] DBAL - how to do it?

Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] daniel at typo3.com
Sun Feb 15 17:24:24 CET 2004

Hi Michael,

> Just a sidenote regarding "The future of typo3". I have applied for a
> permission to let everybody on the list into the production system that
> I have developed which has a lot of frontend editing stuff. I received
> no reply yet. The customer is McDonalds Denmark.

Doesn't sound like a likely situation to me.

As for the DBAL-project:

Large companies are more ready to use MySQL in mission critical situations
every day. I am not saying this is a good thing, but we get less and less
demand for the DBAL - and no sponsoring offers to speak of.

The MaxDB situation is quite interesting, because it will through MySQL AB's
proxy allow the use of both RDBMS's alternatively.

However, at this point and after two years of talking about it, we still
have no customer(s) willing and able to invest the necessary funds.
Developers from the community have not been keeping their promises (this
expressly is not true for Andreas Otto).
>From my point of view, that is the end of this story until further notice.

If your mail leads to a revival of this subject and consequently some real
progress, all the better. Just don't expect Kasper to solve it for you.

Cheers

Daniel

--

Daniel Hinderink
TYPO3 - get.content.right

--
"those telephone lines have to be gigantic, considering all the stuff they
are carrying"

Derrain 1926