[Typo3-dev] HELP!

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Wed Feb 11 11:23:54 CET 2004

Hi,

Chi Hoang schrieb am 11.02.2004 um 44:10 Uhr CET

> Peter Niederlag wrote:
>
> I'm working on the extension pk_limitmenutolang. It uses XCLASS to
> modify getMenu and getpageoverlay functions.

Good. :)
That is what I had in mind. Something is kind of broken in extension
pk_limitmenutolang as you stated(I got a lot of "no result" errors
from mysql), I never digged into I just turned of mysql-errors in php.ini which is a rather crude "hack" but works for me.
AFAIR I am not even using IFSUB there.

>gtmI error in pk_limitmenutolang, because when the modified getMenu
>check
> and fetch the current language it returns NOT ONLY the page overlays
> but EVERYTHING different from default language. This causes problems
> with the menu objects. In my menu on the third level IFSUB is true
> although the language doesnt exist (on this page only default language
> exist in my one-tree concept).  So I changed a bit pk_limitmenutolang
> to return only the desired pageoverlay by checking langoverlay
> attribute. But now IFSUB isnt working anymore in other language then
> default language. In fact I got rid of those IFSUB and it is far
> better than with IFSUB (for the endcustomer) and IFSUB is still
> working for default language, but it is not that satisfying to me. I
> want that IFSUB is working with every language and every subpages
> constellation. Actually Im wondering that I couldnt find any about it
> in the knowledge base (ie. archiv), because this must IMHO be a
> widespread problem, or am I totally blinded...?

"pk_limitmenutolang" + "IFSUB" is probably not that widespread used, but
I know there have been problem-reports in the lists before. I talked to
Peter Kuehn on the snowboard tour about it. He wasn't aware of them but
I wasn't able to give him details. It would be really great if you can
get in touch with him and together you might be able to solve it.

Hopefully my posting didn't offend you but I am just in the process of
getting a real grip into all this object and extend stuff of php/typo3
and writing it down this way helps me really understanding it.

Cheers,
PeterN
--
Peter Niederlag