[Typo3-dev] HELP!

Chi Hoang hoang at planb-media.de
Wed Feb 11 11:35:41 CET 2004

Peter Niederlag wrote:
> That is what I had in mind. Something is kind of broken in extension
> pk_limitmenutolang as you stated(I got a lot of "no result" errors
> from mysql), I never digged into I just turned of mysql-errors in
> php.ini which is a rather crude "hack" but works for me.

I got this mysql errors aswell. The modified function getpageoverlay
sql-command isnt feed correctly resulting in an illegal sql result throwing
mysql-erros when working with it without checking for proper validation.
Their is a post from Dan reporting and workarounding this. I did myself the
same and check for a valid sql ressource (probably a better solution then
turning off all mysql-errors!?)  Personally I'm wondering a bit, why Peter
didnt do it himself, and Kasper neither. I compared other sql codes in typo
3 and it seems to me that never sql ressources are checked for proper
validation. Is this a bug or a feature?

> Hopefully my posting didn't offend you but I am just in the process of
> getting a real grip into all this object and extend stuff of php/typo3
> and writing it down this way helps me really understanding it.

Not at all, your are welcome :)

Best Regards,

Chi