[Typo3-dev] Extension '$conf' tt_content values

Ian Foulds IanFoulds at x-act.co.uk
Sat Aug 21 11:34:00 CEST 2004

Hi Folks

Apologies if this is the wrong list, please advise where I should post
this if so.

I'm having problems with my first extension getting the values from
tt_content into my extension code.

I've added a selector box which appears OK in the BE and records the
choices in tt_content as proved by dumps of $this->cObj->data within my
extension, what I can't get is the value passed into the $conf array. My
pi1/static/setup.txt contains the following fragment:

plugin.tx_iefguest_pi1 {

      templateFile = {$plugin.tx_iefguest_pi1.file.templateFile}

      pidList.field = pages

      displayType.field = tx_iefguest_displayType

      recursive =

}

. . . . . .

Neither 'pages' or my own 'tx_iefguest_displayType' are propagated from
tt_content. I'm sure it's simple, and I know I could get the information
from $this->cObj->data but I'm missing a key point here that is driving
me nuts, if I needed to do this purely in Typoscript I would be stuck.

BTW, trying to find a description of the typoscript operator 'field' is
virtually impossible. I just keep going round in circles with the
documentation to the point where I'm losing ever more hair!

Thanks in anticipation.

Ian Foulds

www.x-act.co.uk <http://www.x-act.co.uk>     tel: 01629 825092