[Typo3-dev] page.config.doctype output broken: bug or?

Toni Milovan tmilovan at efpu.hr
Sat Aug 21 00:15:23 CEST 2004

Hi list,

Just lost few hours with page that won't stay centered in IE (using
clean install of typo3 3.6.2).

Problem was in page.config.doctype = xhtml_trans (or strict)
declaration... Typo for some reason outputed DOCTYPE! line broken into
three lines, and that I suppose triggered quirks mode in IE forcing it
to act as a IE5 instedad of IE6... hence, forcing my css centraly
positioned page to go leftwards:((

I solved the problem by manually typing DOCTYPE! directive to
page.config.doctype. It now stays all in one line and problem in IE is
solved, but maybe someone should take a look at that.

Cheers,

Toni