[Typo3-dev] Re: Java 170

Bjoern Schotte schotte at mayflower.de
Sun Aug 22 11:54:27 CEST 2004

Hi Daniel,

> Björn Schotte informed me today that he will implement the Java 170
> standard for PHP 5 and also PHP 4 during the next few weeks with his team.

Yes. We have the full official support of Day for porting this standard
to the PHP world. We are already in contact with the specification
lead, David Nuescheler, and talked about various details. We'll be the
official implementor for the PHP world. Furthermore, we will try to get
support from Macromedia who are also on the Expert Group.

> Day, the publisher of this standard is interested in motivating TYPO3 and
> others insupporting this standard.

Yes. We'll provide the reference implementation for the PHP world,
called PHP170, which will be Open Source. You can find more on
http://www.thinkforge.org/ . In the first step, we'll port the API to PHP5
and evaluate what can be ported to PHP4. After having ported the
reference implementation in the second step, we would like to see
more and more PHP based CM systems implementing this standard.

I'll keep the Typo3 dev community informed about our next steps
and when you can see first results to play with.

Regards, Björn.
ThinkPHP / Mayflower GmbH                   schotte at mayflower.de
Sedanstraße 27                             Tel: 0931 / 78 43 804
97082 Würzburg                             Fax: 0931 / 78 43 795
* http://www.thinkphp.de/ *     http://blog.rent-a-phpwizard.de/