[Typo3-dev] RFE: Remove profile data from images

Jose Antonio Guerra jaguerra at icticonsulting.com
Tue Aug 17 13:11:05 CEST 2004

Hi Martin

There's a way of using IM to fix those images. Here's the commandline to get ImageMagick removing that metadata:

  convert <srcImg>+profile IPTC <dstImg>

This switch works correctly on IM 5, not in 4.2.9 .

It would be a nice idea to integrate the switch on the TYPO3-IM workflow, so all the processed images have all the metadata removed. That's less kilobytes and getting rid of the MSIE bug...

BTW, the bug is still alive on MSIE 6

In our case, we have a little bash script to "clean" all the images on the TYPO3 dirs when we detect that there's a buggy image.  But, as you can imagine, this solution is quite far from perfect.

- Jose Antonio Guerra (balderiano)