[Typo3-dev] singletons instead of pre-loaded objects

Leendert Brouwer [Netcreators] leendert at netcreators.nl
Thu Aug 12 16:15:03 CEST 2004

> > > BTW, still I don't agree that OO programming is necessarily better
than
> > > procedural programming. That is a question of preference.
> >
> > I hope I never said that it was, or else I would have been wrong.
> >

> Well, I read it as implicitly being so.

Not intended then. But I do think there are pretty good reasons larger
companies decide to go the OO route. I'm not saying it's best, and it's
certainly no golden key. But it does have a rather large set of advantages.
Plus to me, OO feels more natural. I can't imagine it not being natural
anymore, but that's a personal sight.

> So if you didn't mean to say this you must think that even as a
> procedural application TYPO3 is poorly designed?

It looks like a mixture to me. Classes and inheritance at one hand,
procedural flows at the other. But, trying to look at it from a procedural
perspective - not really worse than the procedural code I've encountered. >
400-line methods, namespaces with more responsibility than their (often
acronym based) name suspects, they are all common symptoms of procedural
architecture/culture as far as I've seen.. Oh did I just say OO is better?
;) Kidding, I guess.