[Typo3-dev] ext_tables_static+adt.sql

Ursula Klinger klinger at punkt.de
Wed Aug 11 10:51:47 CEST 2004

Hi,

in my extension I want to change an existing DB table. The DB table should be changed
by loading the extension, so I need the ext_tables_static+adt.sql file.
I added some UPDATE queries to the ext_tables_static+adt.sql. It didn't work.
I added a create table statement. The table was empty after the update operation of
the extension.

I looked in the file typo3/mod/tools/em/index.php and I think this is the position
where the ext_tables_static+adt.sql is executed. I understand the code like this.
In the  ext_tables_static+adt.sql it is only possible to add INSERT
queries and if I add a create tabel statement the table is be dropped
before.
Conclusion it is not possible to add UPDATE queries to the ext_tables_static+adt.sql.
Is it right? Is there any other possiblity to change an existing DB by loading an
extension. I didn't find anything in the documentation.

Thanks

Ursula