[Typo3-dev] RFC: New access control options

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Tue Aug 10 08:40:04 CEST 2004

Hi ben,

ben van 't ende [netcreators] schrieb am 10.08.2004 um 00:47 Uhr CEST

> Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
>
> > BTW, everyone voting for "explicitDeny":
> >
> > Do you want this mode for BOTH the content element types AND the
> > plugin-type selector?
> >
> > Currently (in CVS) the "explicitDeny" goes for the content element
> > type selector but the plugin list is controlled by "explicitAllow" -
> > but should this be changed also? Yes?
>

> Hmmm I am getting a bit confused. explicitAlllow wouldn't be that bad
> an idea, maybe. With a "select all" (checkbox mode) you could just as
> easily set all checkboxes and after that uncheck the ones you don't
> want to Allow. I also noticed a history button there. So that would
> make it quit comfortable.
>
> Does that make sense?

sounds like a good idea.

as opposed to the majority so far personally I would like the
default-setting to be "explicitAllow".

I do see the "newbiee" problem though, which is a kind of "stupid" but
heavy argument. :-(
Probably It could be solved by some enableAll-Ext on top of it. ;)

My vote:
* explicitAllow
* have an extra "mark all" option
* whichever decision is taken handle "content element types control" and
"plugin-list-control" equaly.

Thx,
Peter
--